Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why I bought a canon 550D

Based on the above title you might now be wondering why I bought a Canon 550D also known as the Rebel T2i also known as the Kiss X4.

Well let me start at the beginning, up until October 8th 2010 I had never picked up a digital SLR.

October 8th was no ordinary day, in fact October 8th was my birthday. I had no idea what I wanted for my birthday but I woke up that morning looked at my girlfriend and said "I'm going to buy myself a DSLR today". My girlfriend was quick to remind me she had never seen me use a camera before and I had shown no previous interest in photography. 

Unperturbed by this I went into a google frenzy and started looking at prices and reviews, I quickly learnt that DSLR cameras ranged greatly in price from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands. A close friend of mine owned a Canon 5D MKII and I was always impressed at her amazing shots. Part of me at the time wanted to splurge out and buy a 5D MKII but in the back of my mind I was concerned photography could be a passing phase with no longevity.

So what sold me on the Canon 550D?

1. Value for money.
Need I say more, the Canon 550D packed great pro level value into a consumer grade camera.

2. Video.
In searching for a DSLR I wasn't sure where my heart lay. I didn't know if I was going to head down the photography track or try my luck at video. I set my sights to youtube, after countless searches and some really great Canon 550D videos one stood out and really spoke to me. I would go as far to say that this video sold it for me.


Maybe it was the cute girl, the cool indie style music or the fact I could produce the similar outstanding results with such great value for money camera.

At the end of the day the reason I bought the Canon 550D was due to its great value proposition, rave reviews all over the internet and because it was my birthday and I could do whatever I want. 

2 comments:

Other popular posts